System One Services is currently seeking a Cost Control Analyst for a direct hire position located in Elkhorn, NE.
The Cost Control Analyst will have a thorough understanding of preparing project labor and expense plans and forecasting through the use of accounting and project management systems. Processing project billings as well as providing assistance in client billings will be undertaken while providing a thorough review of overall financials on assigned projects. This role must possess a thorough understanding of cost control policy, including internal processes and procedures. The position requires routinely conversing with the cost control team as well as the Project Manager and field staff while conveying and reinforcing these processes and procedures.
Cost Control Analyst Responsibilities:
- Aid in risk mitigation by alerting management of known and unknown risks on projects through proactively monitoring labor and expenses for assigned projects.
- Analyze project costs and revenue trends, reporting status to local Cost Control Manager.
- Provide planning and/or assistance with cost control support.
- Assist Project Management and Field staff with monthly forecasting, including validation of projected feed and percent complete forecasts.
- Monitor project progress, investigating variances, reviewing commitments and costs for compliance.
- Routinely attend project Scrub meetings for assigned projects.
- Provide timely follow-up with Project Managers regarding missing requirements.
- Work with Project Managers to set-up project budgets and route for approval.
- Ensure compliance with corporate processes and procedures on all project cost control efforts.
- Confirm project documents comply with contractual requirements.
- Assist with the electronic processing of applications for payments and invoicing needs on assigned projects, including AIA application processing, within required invoicing deadlines.
- Attend weekly status and review meetings with corporate and regional cost control staff.
- Responsible for learning project management and accounting software to produce system reports for management staff.
Cost Control Analyst Qualifications:
- 5 years of related experience.
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- Works well within a team-oriented environment.
- A proficient understanding of general accounting standards and principles.
- Familiarity with construction accounting practices is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Technically strong with labor and cost planning and forecasting.
- 16 hours of continuing education annually.
- Complete and competitive benefit package designed for individuals and families.