Category: Information Technology
System One has an immediate full-time/direct hire opening in Boston, MA for a Senior Engineer - Site Reliability. This opportunity will be with a large client within the food manufacturing industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned System Engineer with extensive Site Reliability experience to dive into "Greenfield" projects on a startup-feel team that is within a multi-billion dollar enterprise.
Ideal candidates will have extensive experience with most of the following: Automation, Continuous Integration, Containers (Docker, Kubernetes), Monitoring (Splunk, ELK, etc.), and Performance testing.
*At this time we are unable to submit 3rd party candidates or those who require VISA sponsorship.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Lead efforts to continuously improve our platform and enhance stability, scalability, resiliency, and performance of systems
- Implement and maintain a Continuous Integration solution
- Perform QA, Load and Stress Testing of applications using Test Automation tools
- Contribute to application and technical architecture plans of existing tools and systems
- Be part of or lead initiatives within Digital to develop and improve standards and methodologies
- Security: Secure design and coding, scan tools, remediation, XSS, XSRF, SQLi, XMLi, CORS, etc.
- Infra: Hands-on experience GCP, infrastructure-as-code toolset
- Networking: TCP/IP, Architecture, security patterns, and implementation, firewalls, routing, VLANs, certificates
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- OS: Unix/Linux distros – CentOS, Red Hat
- Environment: Experience with Linux/RHEL, bash, powershell scripting, gcloud, gsutils, kubectl
- Monitoring: Splunk, ELK, Stackdriver, Application Monitoring tool
- Testing: Continuous integration and writing unit tests, set up and maintain DevOps tools
- Performance: Jmeter, Blazemeter, Soasta, Load Runner or similar
- Automation/Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- OOP/Languages: Java (JVM optimization), Python, Ruby
- Web Services: SOAP, REST services, XML/XSL/XSD, GraphQL Server and Client
- Middleware: Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, or other major application server(s)
- Databases: MongoDB or MySQL
- Development Tools: Apache Maven, GitHub
- NoSQL/Caching: Cassandra, Redis, Memcached
- 5+ years in enterprise scale systems engineering or support role
- Experience managing environment of highly scalable, maintainable, high-availability web apps
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or industry experience