Provides system decision-making skills for customer projects. This may include supervising Carrier Designers, Drafting, Standards and other necessary mechanical engineering personnel in order to provide a complete system layout. Works closely with the Project Manager, Electrical Project Engineer, Field Superintendent, Carrier Designer and Structural Engineer. Coordinates layout and component development to meet project schedule and manufacturing planning goals.
- Receive design input from the customer and Project Engineer.
- Consolidate and assimilate customer functional requirements with carrier and machinery parameters.
- Plan, Develop and modify layout with coordinated input from structural group to provide efficient use of support steel and screen guard. Safe distances must be maintained to avoid pinch points.
- Understand, review and incorporate carrier clearance studies into layout to assure that safe clearance is maintained between carriers, around machinery and equipment and through screen guard. Consideration of guarding, fencing, serviceability and maintainability is critical to this function.
- Help direct the activities of Drafters and Designers working on this project.
- Develop layouts mindful of installation schedule timing to provide clear installation drawings for use by field personnel. Some projects also require demo and/or phasing drawings to completely describe the work at critical phases.
- Assist Project Engineer in assuring production releases, shipping schedules and installation plans are cohesive and complete.
- Develop cycle time studies, chain pulls, data charts, device layouts, sequence of operations documents and other conveyor design output data related to the system design. Assure that design is compliant with customer specifications and functional requirements.
- Assure that customer layout drawings meet customer CAD file development requirements. Coordinate with other customer suppliers for exchanging of cross-reference drawings.
- Travel to job site as required to check field conditions, validate layout and assist with installation. Travel may last for extended time periods.
- Conform to ISO requirements and R&M documentation requirements
- Follow back-up procedures and utilize company resources appropriately
- Demonstrate ability to work professionally as a team player and willingness to assist others.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- May require working extended hours, weekends and/or holidays.
- A technical associates degree. Three (3) years related industry mechanical engineering work experience, or suitable combination of the above.
- Must have strong technical comprehension skills to read, analyze and communicate requirements from specifications, drawings and other design input information.
- Must have a complete and thorough understanding of AutoCAD to manage layout cross-references and overall layout development.
- Must have a logical and sequential thinking skills to facilitate cycle time and sequence of operation development.
- Good communication skills working with and directing the activities of other Designers and Engineers.
- Strong organizational skills to assist Project Engineer.