Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
Maintenance Technician Job Description
SystemOne is currently sourcing qualified Maintenance Technician candidates for our client in Lancaster, PA. Our client is an expert developer and leading American producer of rare earth magnets that serves various customers and industries around the world. Using high-grade materials to provide maximum performance for each product and application for a variety of industries including aerospace, defense, medical, and oil & gas. This is a full-time opportunity; position is 2nd shift Monday–Thursday 3:00pm – 1:30am!
Maintenance Technician Job Summary:
The purpose of this position is to provide preventative and repair maintenance for facilities and equipment, installation of new equipment, support process improvement as directed by the Manager, Maintenance.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Optimize Safety/minimize risk.
- Follow Lock Out /Tag Out procedure.
- Wear required PPE.
- Adhere to required safety precautions.
- Heavy lifting
- Hydrogen/Nitrogen/Argon and other gases
- Working at high heights
- High electrical voltage
- Read and understand the following:
- Electrical/hydraulic schematics
- Blue prints
- Machine Manuals
- General operation of equipment
- All OSHA, state and township codes.
- Baseline knowledge of following:
- Service machinery/building to minimize the effects of aging.
- Maintain PM logs.
- Repair maintenance (machinery and building)
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdown and problem solve to bring back to service.
- Requires contact with operators and outside vendors.
- Request reorder of consumables and spare parts.
- New Equipment / Modifications
- Calculate and layout mechanical parts
- Design electrical controls
- Validate the operation.
- Train Operators.
- Support Process Improvement and Engineering projects
- Keep work areas neat, clean and orderly
- Requires On-call duty
Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- Requires high school, plus specialized training, certification, or a two-year degree or equivalent.
- Requires 2-5 years’ of relevant maintenance experience
- Requires sustained physical exertion working with tools or heavy materials or requiring several motions in a moderate cycle, and a need for quick decisions on a diversity of operations.
- Requires average proficiency in most of the above, plus Outlook, database and/or other software systems, including Paradigm or DocStar and other technical systems
- Machine set-up, general maintenance and occasional repair necessary; frequent need for care and significant damage risk for carelessness in this role.