Category: Administrative & Clerical
Position: Human Resources Admin
Location: Lakewood, NJ
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
This position provides comprehensive administrative support for all Human Resource department activities in a lean manufacturing environment.
HR Admin Job Responsibilities:
- Reviewing hourly timesheets on Novatime.
- Update/adjust timesheet punches or accruals when necessary.
- Execute administrative requirement for employees being recognized (i.e., retirement and tenure).
- Administer employee badge program, including the initiation of new hire badges, off-site temporary agency employee badges, and replacement badges.
- Insure HR processes are completed through scheduling, participate in new hire orientations, and maintain checklists for new hires, terminations, and other processes as developed.
- Maintain attendance records for all employee training conducted by HR as well as attendance records for annual program presentations such as Code of Conduct and Open Enrollment.
- Assist employees in the resolution of benefits-related issues.
- Manages the Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) process in compliance with federal and state timelines through the administration of required applications and/or advisement letters to employees.
- Communicate and educate employees about eligibility, rights, and responsibilities.
- Maintain STD/FMLA department report and review weekly with HR Representative and HR Manager.
- Complete and process various forms including employment, personnel change information and other confidential forms and records.
- Transmit new and changed information to appropriate sources for payroll.
- Access Novatime to view hourly timesheets to process payroll, work with corporate Payroll department to solve employee paycheck issues, and train supervisors in Novatime functions.
- Generate and distribute periodic reports (hours worked, overtime, vacation time, etc.) as required.
- Process all inputs and changes to WORKDAY (HRIS database), the HRIS database used to track employee information and changes.
- Actively promote and support company programs and policies.
- Design and maintain information bulletin boards changing information routinely to keep them current. This includes electronic message display board in cafeteria.
- Monitor HR office supplies, employee required forms, brochures & booklets and replenish as needed. Implement tracking record for loaned laptop, projector and flipchart stands.
- Maintain all HR document filing on a weekly basis as well as upkeep of storage room.
- Support HR Representative in the administration of Workers Compensation reports and communications with supervisors, injured employees, Liberty Mutual and our Occupational Healthcare Provider.
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks and perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in all job-related safety training and personally comply with all safety policies and procedures.
HR Admin Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Human Resource Management or related field of Business, Industrial Relations, Labor Relations, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years HR experience, preferably in a fast-paced, non-union manufacturing environment.
- Prior work experience in consumer-packaged goods is preferred.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English speaking, reading and writing skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple modalities (e.g., verbal, written, etc.) preferred.
- Possesses a demeanor and attitude that builds positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, Windows-based applications).
- Workday (HRIS), NOVAtime and/or other payroll processing software preferred.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
- Knowledge of FDA and cGMP regulations.
For consideration of this position please call (732)228-8985 to speak with a Recruiter today