Mechanical Assembly Supervisor
Pay: Salary, negotiable
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
The successful candidate will directly supervise employees in the Final Assembly Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Plan, layout, and install a wide variety of parts and equipment
- Supervises work crews to insure compliance with engineering documentation, or other applicable codes in daily work execution.
- Develops and implements standard work procedures to continually improve overall team productivity. Trains and informs employees of new work methods or procedures .
- Responsible for safe work practices. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures work crews follow safe practices and EHS programs. Trains employees on changes in safety regulations, work policies, codes, and standards.
- Schedules, assigns, and monitors the work of Mechanical line personnel working on multiple projects.
- Identifies, recommends and prioritizes the acquisition of tools to improve overall efficiency of the department.
- Develop skills and abilities of team members.
- Validate and update department training curriculum by reviewing existing material and revising as necessary, and ensure all department employees complete required training.
- Be able to make decisions based on knowledge and experience. Has a good reasoning ability and understands when a problem needs to be reported
- Communicates ______ job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate the scheduling of work and delegation of responsibilities to Team Leaders
- Clearly communicates responsibilities and expectations to employees, schedules time off & documents attendance, and ensures that employees meet performance objectives for both quality and quantity of work.
- Provides support of equipment and supply inventories.
- Provides motivation, feedback, coaching, guidance, and discipline to employees with assistance from Management.
- Analyze, compile, and conduct regularly scheduled performance reviews for employees with input and assistance from the Management. Provide input and feedback to Management regarding employee performance.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.