I&C System Technical Writer
Brand: System One
Compensation Range: 35.00 - 85.00 Per Hour
Job ID: 291329
Date Posted: 01/26/2023
I&C System Technical Writer
Our client is seeking a highly motivated I&C Technical Writer. This position reports directly to the I&C Senior Manager. In this role, you will act as I&C Technical Writer for Sodium Fast Reactor technologies, including responsibility for the instrument and control system design, prototype development and testing, plant level system integration, and commissioning. Your role will include interfacing with a team of scientists and engineers internal and external to our client.
- Responsible for interfacing and supporting geographically diverse international design team members to develop supporting design documentation. The design team members include in-house and subcontracted resources and may include partner/customer resources as well.
- Support the development of I&C and supporting electrical systems from systems and sub-system functional requirements through final design.
- Develop and review system and component-level specifications and scopes of work.
- Perform engineering and design evaluations in the application of nuclear codes and standards, licensing requirements, and NRC regulations.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
- Analyze and apply regulatory criteria and standards to complex Instrumentation and Control system design.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Requirements Documents, System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
- Generate integrated design package for key systems and sub-systems.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables to meet client requirements, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Integrate I&C with work of other disciplines, engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in probabilistic risk analysis strongly preferred but not required.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission engagement experience preferred.
- B.S. or higher in Controls, Electrical, or related discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of experience or equivalent.
- Candidates must have experience in instrumentation and controls development, and diagnostics.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactor safety systems or nuclear instrumentation systems design desired.
- Familiar with IEEE 379, IEEE 603, IEEE 7-4.3.2 and IEEE 497, and 10CFR 50/52 desired but not required.
- Familiarity with implementing design control and development in accordance with nuclear power plant quality assurance (e.g. 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1).
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience with formal I&C system startup testing procedure desired but not required.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork. Will actively support the client guiding principles.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the individual must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
Our client’s technology is controlled for export by various agencies of the U.S. Government. Client must evaluate applicants who are foreign nationals (other than asylees, refugees, or lawful permanent residents) in accordance with U.S. Government export control requirements. To facilitate client’s export control reviews, you will be asked as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or national, asylee, refugee, or lawful permanent resident of the United States. Government export authorization approval times vary. Based on the business needs for a particular position, client may not consider a foreign national from a country if it is impracticable to obtain timely Government export approval.
System One offers eligible employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
I&C SYSTEM ENGINEERRichland , Washington
System One is seeking qualified I&C System Engineers to support our client on-site in Richland, WA for a 6-month contract position with possible extension. The successful candidate shall have prior experience in software requirements, design, implement...Date Posted: 03/09/2023 Recommended
System Design Instrumentation & Controls EngineerBellevue, WA
System One Is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Instrumentation and Controls Engineer. In this role, you will act as I&C Engineer for our client's advanced nuclear reactor projects, including responsibility for the instrument and control syst...Date Posted: 02/08/2023 Recommended
Fuel Handling Operations EngineerBellevue, Washington
Our Client is seeking a highly motivated Fuel Handling Operations Engineers who will focus on the operational aspects of mechanical fuel handling and process systems. In this role, you will work as a member of the fuel handling operations team and prov...Date Posted: 03/20/2023 Recommended
Instrumentation and Controls System Design EngineerBellevue, WA
System One’s client is seeking a highly motivated I&C System Engineer. This position reports directly to the System Design Manager. In this role, you will act as I&C Engineer for Sodium Fast Reactor technologies, including responsibility for the instru...Date Posted: 02/08/2023 Recommended
Instrumentation and Controls System Design EngineerBellevue, Washington
System One is seeking to contract with highly motivated Instrumentation and Controls System Design Engineers. These positions report directly to the System Design Manager. In this role, you will act as an I&C Engineer for Sodium Fast Reactor technologi...Date Posted: 02/08/2023 Recommended
Design Control Process EngineerBellevue, Washington
Design Control Process Engineer Our Client is seeking to contract with a highly motivated Design Control Process Engineer that will focus on nuclear plant design engineering process development, oversight and maintenance. In this role, you will act as ...Date Posted: 01/25/2023 Recommended
System Design Engineer (Interface/Oversight)Bellevue, WA
System Design Engineer (Aux Systems) The System Design Engineer reports to the System Design Manager and is focused on the design, interface, and oversight of tasks associated with the Auxiliary systems on the Natrium reactor. In this role, you will ac...Date Posted: 03/06/2023 Recommended
Medical Technical WriterFremont, California
Medical Technical Writer Contract length: 24 months Location: On site - Remote EST (no exceptions) Job Title: Medical Technical Writer Duties: Manages and writes/edits relevant sections of global clinical documents, required for advancing clinical deve...Date Posted: 02/16/2023 Recommended
Manufacturing Tech WriterLittleton, Colorado
We're looking for individuals with technical writing experience and the ability to author manufacturing work instructions for electronic assemblies. This is a long-term opportunity that does not require an active secret clearance in Littleton, CO Manuf...Date Posted: 03/09/2023 Recommended
Mechanical System Design EngineerBellevue, Washington
System One's Client is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical System Design Engineer. This position reports directly to the System Design Manager. In this role, you will create equipment design solutions, 3D CAD models, engineering drawings, and complet...Date Posted: 03/20/2023 Recommended
Technical Writer IIRaritan, New Jersey
Title: Technical Writer II Location: Raritan, NJ Schedule: Monday – Friday (8am-430pm) Type: Contract Start date: ASAP Responsibilities: Responsible for reviewing, editing and/or creating documentation (e.g. batch records, specifications, procedures, S...Date Posted: 03/13/2023 Recommended
Writer EditorBethesda, MD
6 month contract Writer Editor Pay Rate: $35 to $50/ hr Bethesda, Maryland - DMV Hybrid Remote Job Description: 6 months Start Date: March 1 Vacancy is needed due to workload Looking for a general writer. Does not have to be scientific or technical. No...Date Posted: 02/23/2023 Recommended
Bill Writer / Inventory SpecialistKansas City, MO
Provides Engineering with documentation services. This includes Shop Set organizing and marking, data entry into ERP database (Encompix) and related work activities. Works closely with the Project Engineer and assignees, Project Manager, Manufacturing ...Date Posted: 03/13/2023 Recommended
Jira Reports Writer - Jr.Washington, DC
Jira Reports Writer - Jr. Location: 100% Remote, must come to DC for equipment pick up Salary: 80Kish *US Citizenship is required, Public Trust (must obtain before starting) - takes 4-6 weeks *Contract to Hire **Must live in: AZ, CO, DC, DE, GA, IL, MD...Date Posted: 03/20/2023 Recommended
System Design Engineer, Supplier InterfaceBellevue, WA
System One is seeking to contract with a highly capable and motivated System Design Engineer, Supplier Interface who is focused on integrating and coordinating the work of our client’s system suppliers, fostering a collaborative working relationship, a...Date Posted: 03/09/2023 Recommended