Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Upstream Processing Scientist – III
Location: West Point, PA
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- Prepare laboratory reagents, solutions and culture media
- Perform lab-scale upstream processing of vaccine products and process intermediates (including work with Biosafety Level-2 organisms)
- Setup process equipment for lab-scale experiments
- Perform in-process monitoring assays
- Analyze, collate, track, and report data back to client staff members
- Maintain records and test results following good laboratory practices (GLP)
- Work independently and efficiently
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
- Communicate effectively with client staff members
- Follow laboratory procedures as required to perform the above tasks, and escalate deviations/issues to client staff members in a timely fashion
- B.S. in Biology, Bio/chemistry, Bio/chemical Engineering, or related science
- At least six months of laboratory experience in fermentation and/or cell culture.
- General laboratory skills, experience with aseptic manipulations, pipettes
- Experience in culturing microbial cells (shake flasks, bioreactor work)
- Experience with bioreactors (Ambr250, stainless steel reactors, glass bioreactors, Single use bioreactors)
- Experience performing basic lab scale assays (pH, optical density, etc)
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel
- Highly computer literate. Capable of quickly learning and adapting to new computer programs.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable, and displays a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Engaged in work practices, scientific understanding, and excellence in execution
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.