Category: Information Technology
Type: Direct, Full-time salaried with benefits
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Start Date: Immediate
Our client, a genomics technology provider, is looking for a Bioinformatician to join their team for a full-time opportunity.
This position will involve carrying out bioinformatic and statistical analysis of multi-omic data using cloud-based computing for internal and external projects. Successful applicants will be expected to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to use software engineering best practices to ensure the utmost standard of quality and reproducibility. A strong preference is for applicants that have expertise in microbiome analysis, data visualization and statistical analysis.
Specific analysis efforts will include:
- Analysis of microbiome data for unique and specialized projects
- Multi-omics approaches including genomic, metabolomic and microbiome data (amongst others)
- Testing and implementing novel analysis methodologies
- Working closely with team members and customers to find biological signals in data
- 3 + years working with microbiome datasets and evaluating and implementing metagenomics computational tools as evidenced by publication(s) in the field.
- 3+ years of experience in academic or industry laboratory setting.
- Proficient in R, Python, and Unix.
- Graduate-level education or post-graduate training in computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics, microbiology or related field.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including EC2, S3, EC2 Container service.
- Practical experience with coding best practices and reproducible research.
- Passionate about data analysis and visualizations.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines on multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively on a team.
- Ability to present data to non-scientific audiences.