Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Analytical Scientist
Location: Berkeley, CA
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- Independently plan and execute analytical testing following SOPs or protocol after training.
- Accurately follow established test methods and procedures to generate data and maintain complete and accurate records of laboratory work. Provide basic data analysis and interpretation.
- Plan and execute experimental studies to meet project goals and timelines.
- Provide basic data analysis and interpretation after analytical testing.
- Assist/Lead the transfer of analytical methods, and be able to recognize and respond to unexpected or anomalous observations in lab activities.
- Support, maintain, and troubleshoot analytical laboratory instruments.
- Responsible for lab management task, including sample and reagent inventory management, instrument and logbook maintenance, et, al)
- Ensures laboratory safety protocols are followed
- PhD with 0 to 2 years, or master with 2+ years, or BS/BA (Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biochemical or Chemical Engineering) with over 4 years of hands-on experience in analytical chemistry lab, ideally in the biopharmaceutical or biotech industry environment.
- Competency with common laboratory operations, including accurate weighing, dilution, pH measurement, UV assay and similar techniques.
- Demonstrate good understanding and knowledge of protein chemistry and common analytical techniques for protein/biologics analysis (such as HPLC/UPLC/SEC, SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis, CE-SDS, SDS-PAGE, ICP-MS) and method/instrument trouble-shooting
- Must be comfortable with collaboration with bioprocess scientists/engineers supporting bioprocess (cell-culture, purification, drug product) related project.
- Strong communication skills and ability to maintain good record keeping.
- Previous GMP process support experience is desirable
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.