Instrumentation and Controls Engineer – Lake Mary, FL
System One has an immediate opening for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to join our large Power Generation client located in Lake Mary, FL. This Engineer with be responsible for design, design review, client’s controls integration (DCS) and performing Control System clarifications.
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer Employment Information
- This is a contract-to-hire opportunity
- Overnight travel (at least 50%) by land and/or air
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Control Disciplines: Advanced Process Control, Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic controllers, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
- 5+ years’ experience in Control Systems with experience in DCS or Power Plant Control Systems required
- Experience in digital solutions / logic and control systems related to Gas or Steam Turbine Controls required
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer Responsibilities
- Engineering design, design review, client’s controls integration (DCS) and perform Control System clarifications
- Witnessing Clients Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), clarification of control procedures
- Project on-site installation and commissioning assistance and support.
- Training client staff on control systems
- Design and reviewing new design concepts and assisting in the developing of new control systems.
- Maintaining and modifying existing control systems.
- Collaborating with design engineers, operations engineers, purchasers, sales & marketing and other internal staff.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors, project management and other relevant authorities within cost and time constrained environments.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving at various project sites.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with the health and safety regulations and quality standards of the country in which work is undertaken.
- Provide advice and consultancy support.
- Development of RFQ’s in purchasing equipment.
- Work with applications and sales groups in developing new business proposals.
- Inspection of control systems including Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs)
- When necessary supporting Field Operations in performing on-site installation of control systems.