Functions as an advanced technical specialist with possible supervisory responsibility. Develops and applies advanced knowledge, engineering techniques, concepts, and approaches to unique engineering problems with minimal oversite. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity or serve as a senior technical specialist providing knowledge and advanced.
The Network Architect will be responsible for network architecture planning, development, design and implementation for "Clients" utility and other clients. Analyzes client’s business needs to develop telecommunications strategy and technology solutions. May offer technical advisory and consulting services to the client. Provides Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to business development and pursuit activities, including creating proposal, scope, level of effort estimation and implementation plans. Leads and participates in project execution and technical delivery.
Key duties include:
• Communicating directly with clients (sometimes non-technical clients) to identify current and future network and telecommunication needs
• Collaborate with, lead, and/or delegate responsibilities to a team of engineers
• Assesses and understand how industry standards for models apply to network design and implementation best practices
• Participates as technical subject matter expert on major projects and application roll-outs
• Responsible for developing and adhering to all engineering/quality processes and procedures and all documentation/tools
• Work hand-in-hand with project management on project delivery and technical issues
• Assists in developing and managing scope, schedule, and budget requirements
• Directs production teams and may coordinate multiple discipline activities
• Supports continuous improvement of project and internal processes
• Candidate should be well versed with change management, maintenance window activities and rollback procedures as they relate to migration strategies.
• Written and graphical documentation and processes development
• Validates work of lower level network engineers
• Capable of optimizing day-to-day operational stability with the continual need to improve the service and deploy new services, processes and technologies
• Understands, advocates, and supports IT strategies
• Support the pursuit and development of current and new business opportunities
• Deliver written communications especially pertaining to creating and publishing professional processes and procedures, including System Requirements, Method of Procedures (MOPs), work packages, Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP), among other related deliverables.
• Create or expand utility communication systems which best meet client requirements
• Mentors and trains others on the network services team
• Is externally recognized in industry as an expert that enhances the Company brand
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Local and Regional Travel up to 25-50%, some limited overnight travel may be required