Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Quality Assurance Inspector
Hours: Full Time, M-F
Location: Oxford, CT area
Manufactured Finished Product labels
- Request finished product labels, check count and accuracy of printed labels
- Verify proper documentation of equipment cleaning
- Record and check cleaning logs daily, inform relevant personnel of missing or wrong documentation
- Equipment cleaning validation using CHARM instrument
- Collect swab of cleaned equipment surface for testing
- Run CHARM cleaning validation test on a daily basis
- Document results on CHARM cleaning log
- When results from testing are out of specification, direct production personnel to repeat cleaning
- Perform CHARM cleaning calibration once a month to ensure instrument working correctly.
- Change sign status on machinery “dirty”, “clean” or “in process” when a product is being processed in the machine or room.
- Perform daily calibration on:
- Production scales
- Analytical scales
- Metal detector
- Perform monthly calibration on the moisture balance
- Monitor the temperature and humidity in the warehouse and production areas.
- Report any out of specification results to the QA Manager.
- Finished Product and raw material status
- Place Approved stickers on raw materials and finished products after Quality Control testing
- Place Reject stickers on rejected raw materials and ensure they are placed in Reject area
- Place Hold stickers on returned products and raw materials and ensure they are placed in Hold location.
- Oversee the sanitation program of the facility acting as the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Perform sanitation inspections and record your findings on the sanitation checklist once a week
- Report any nonconformances to the QA Manager
- Perform environmental microbial swab testing once a week.
- Collect water samples once a month for microbial testing
- Incoming raw materials
- Collect retain samples
- Perform FTIR identification testing to confirm material composition
- Apply “Approved” labels and barcodes to raw materials.
- Barcode scan approved material.
- In-process testing
- Perform prescreen particle size testing and % moisture as needed.
- Collect finished product retain samples
- Assist Quality Control with maintaining the sample log/ sample rack
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s and/or Trade Degree is Preferred. High School Diploma is required.
- 3+ years of related experience in a manufacturing/distribution preferred.
- Experience w/ review product labels, equipment cleaning, scale calibrations, moisture balance, particle size testing
- Perform work while standing for most of the day.
- Must be highly organized and comfortable with computers (Email, Barcoding technology, and Microsoft Office).
- Valid driver’s license. Forklift Certification is preferred.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.