Category: Warehouse & Distribution
22.00 - 22.00 Per Hour
Shipping and Receiving Lead
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Direct activities involved in dissembling medical equipment, shipping and receiving company and customer owned product.
- Inspect components for quality/damage.
- Verify order accuracy.
- Order packing, addressing, labeling.
- Selecting delivery method and arranging transportation/carrier.
- Documenting outgoing product and materials.
- Unpack trucks and incoming shipments.
- Record incoming product and materials.
- Compare identifying information and counts.
- Weigh and measure items for incoming/outgoing shipment against bills of lading.
- Ensure invoices and other records are properly given to internal departments.
Inventory Lead Responsibilities:
- Lead in the tear down of company owned imaging equipment at client site.
- Ensure that incoming shipments are properly received into ERP system.
- Assist in inventory activities: cycle counts, receiving, and physical movement of materials.
- Utilize hand tools, power tools, postage meters, etc.
- Prepare documents such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials and products.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Deliver or route materials to departments utilizing devices such as hand trucks, conveyors, sorting bins, pallet jacks, etc.
Inventory Lead Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years direct experience in shipping/receiving (leadership position)
- Inventory Control experience
- High mechanical aptitude and experience with using various tools properly
- Proficient in basic MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Team player; willing to go above and beyond to help others
- Willing and able to be on-call after hours to assist in shipment preparation or delivery to airports or carriers
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly throughout the day
- Able to stoop, sit, stand, bend, crouch and climb
- Able to operate a forklift or to be certified to operate a forklift within 8 weeks of hire