Field Geophysicist Support Personnel- Tullahoma, TN 37388
System One has a temporary 3-month position for a degreed Field Geophysicist Support Personnel to work and support the Site Geophysicist. The Field Geophysicist Support Personnel perfoms a variety of data collection task using geophysical and GPS equipment to support remedial investigation or removal of action projects at formerly used defense sites with potential unexploded ordnance contamination.
** 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper Certification required with 8-hour refresher up to date **
Important employment information:
- 3-month temporary position
- 5 days a week / working 10 - hour days - weather permitting
- 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper Certification with the 8 - hour refresher up to date required
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Perm Residency is required
Primary Duties and responsibilities of a Field Geophysicist Support Personnel include:
- Acquiring EM61-MK2 data
- Performing field tasks requiring the application of basic geophysical principles and theories
- Performing anomaly reacquisition using EM61-MK2 and Real Time Kinematic GPS sensors
- Conducting or monitoring daily quality control tests of equipment and methods and documenting test results
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in geophysics, geology, environmental science, or related engineering or science degree
- 0 to 3 years experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with field geophysical data acquisition using the EM61-MK2
- Experience with field geophysical data acquisition using RTK GPS equipment
- 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper Certification preferred (employee will need to take the 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper class if they do not already have that certificate.
- Employee will be part of the company's medical monitoring program.
Job Requirements / Physical Demands
- Performing physical demanding tasks and working 10-hour days in adverse field conditions (cold, hot, high wind, dusty environment, rough terrain) in remote locations.
- The expected duration of this project is 3 months.