Process Engineering Department Manager
System One is seeking a talented and self-motivated Process Engineering Manager to lead a small group with a growing EPC firm in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills combined with engineering and department management experience in the refining, petrochem, chemical markets.
- As a Department Manager and Technical Specialist, will manage a team of Process Engineers and Designers. Review the work and performance of personnel to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness of project and process requirements.
- Perform manpower planning and forecasting for personnel and maintain proper staffing levels. Conduct performance reviews, salary and promotion recommendations, succession planning, mentoring, training and coaching as needed for the process engineering department personnel. Actively recruit process staff as needed.
- Will participate in design of process units, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design. Perform conceptual, preliminary and detailed process design on an as needed basis.
- Plan workhour estimates, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned project. Interact with Project Managers to verify project designs are accurate and meet intended scope
- Coordinate and participate in project planning activities across other engineering departments.
- Will support sales and marketing efforts for the Company, working closely with BD on proposals and presentations. Maintain and build client relationships. Responsible for ensuring client inputs and project requirements are adequately addressed and implemented consistently with contractual requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree, Chemical Engineering or other engineering discipline from an accredited college or university
- Fifteen (15+) years of process engineering experience in the energy and chemicals industry
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as Supervisor or Department Manager in Process Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Broad technical knowledge of engineering and project execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- P.E. License
- Master’s Degree