Distribution Control Center Engineering Staff Support
System One is currently seeking a Distribution Control Center Engineering Staff Support on a 12 month + contract position located in Allentown, PA
This role is part of the Distribution Control Center (DCC) engineering team, which provides support to DCC System Operations department with day to day monitoring and control of electric distribution system. The operations department is responsible for the 24-7-365 real-time monitoring and control of the electric distribution system. This role provides liaison support between DCC Engineering, Operations, IT, and Vendor Partners. Position works with regular guidance in own area of knowledge, conferring with supervision or other experts on unusual problems.
Distribution Control Center Engineering Staff Support Responsibilities:
- Ongoing support of operational functions; including, but not limited to: Intake, management and real-time ownership of technology-based issues experienced by Operators (FISR, DMS, etc. and operational Liaison with IT).
- Oversight, management and engineering analysis of primary System Abnormal conditions.
- Load flow interpretation / analysis to support planned work.
- Load flow interpretation / analysis to evaluate known, suspected or reported voltage / PQ issues on the primary system.
- Load flow analysis to support other Emergent conditions.
- Root Cause Analysis investigations for Distribution Automation events, Distributed Energy Resource issues and other unplanned events.
- Liaison with Planning (RCA, two-way Reliability Communications).
- Liaison with Engineering System Design to provide key feedback to construction and design Lessons Learned discovered in the field.
- Handling of time sensitive issues discovered during planned and unplanned work.
- High level ownership of power quality issues
- Responsible for day to day activities required to keep complex IT systems healthy and up to date:
- Model management and corrections
- Software configuration management, including associated roll-out activities
- Monthly system updates (SCADA) in the form of decision input & testing support
- Coordinating the efforts and initiatives of outside groups as they relate to the systems and under care
- Ensures coordination and support of Distribution Automation/FISR projects, including but not limited to:
- Evaluate test environments for suitability and identify gaps, and procedures.
- Liaison with outside departments for new technology deployment and adoption.
- This position provides occasional off-hour operational engineering support to System Operators and Dispatchers when encountering a real-time emergency issue impacting the electrical distribution system.
- This position provides emergency response support during unplanned storm events.
- Work as an integral part of operations to support engineering functions for the ADMS project, including but not limited to:
- Support the testing and commissioning of advanced applications and projects applying smart grid technology.
- Operational Engineering support to ensure ongoing ADMS technical requirements are delivered in accordance with specifications.
- Operational readiness evaluation and scoping to ensure successful deployment of Smart Grid technology, working closely with peer support departments to firm up collaboration and support.
- Work with Operators, Lead Operators and Dispatchers to provide real-time analytical support of the ADMS, power system and corresponding OTS (Operator Training Simulator).
Distribution Control Center Engineering Staff Support Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related degree
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in the energy industry
- Knowledge of DMS and/or OMS preferred
- Prefer basic knowledge of system operating requirements and limitations required with emphasis on distribution system management and operations - Three-phase power, power flow, communications equipment, and metering.
- Prefer experience and knowledge in the area of project management and software delivery for complex engineering projects
- Prefer solid Interpersonal skills (communication and presentation) and team working skills with the ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks concurrently.
- NERC access
- MVR background
- Local travel if any
Duration: 12 months +
Location: Allentown, PA