Category: Information Technology
Job Title: Sr. Business Analyst
Location: Washington DC
Start Date: Immediate
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST:
- Planning and scheduling BA efforts in-line with the project roadmap.
- Specifying requirements at different levels: system, sub-system or component, interaction between components, integration with 3rd party systems, single business process, web service, etc.
- Conducting As-Is, To-Be, JAD sessions (sharing meeting recaps and gathering feedback).
- Building and managing a product backlog: epics, sub-epics, user stories, acceptance criteria.
- Backlog prioritizing.
- Reviewing backlog together with business and development teams.
- Managing the feedback and comments to requirements.
- Understanding if requirements are complete, consistent, comprehensive, and feasible.
- Experience leading and organizing the work of the BA group.
A successful candidate will have an ability to effectively and efficiently generate the following:
- An overall plan of BA activities for an upcoming iteration.
- A meeting plan, agenda, and notes.
- A vision and a roadmap.
- Create questionnaires to interview stakeholders, SME, and end users.
- Create any applicable artifacts like swim lane diagrams, cross-functional flowcharts, process flows, architecture diagrams, UI mockups, etc.
- Can write user stories + acceptance criteria.
- Ability to create wireframes in the tool of choice
- Is familiar with Agile methodologies and BA role in agile
- Preferably 5years of experience plus
- Can break things down from epic level to features/stories
- Able to create process flows/user journey maps and understands why and when to create them
- Able to work on 2+ projects are the same time
- Understands how to start a project from scratch: is able to create product vision and scope of the product, MVP and full.
- Ability to gradually break things down from a high-level abstract idea into user stories + acceptance criteria for development
- Plans BA work (in sprints, or other way on projects where Scrum is not utilized on the project)
- Understands and mitigates risks related to requirements management
- Ability to successfully include the team (UI designer, developers, PM, etc. ) and customer in the BA processes
- Responsibility, problem-solving personality, can-do attitude
- Ability to lead Discoveries as a BA and apply corresponding methodologies (Google sprint, Design thinking, etc.)
- UX and product management skills