Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Research Scientist
Location: Redwood, City, CA
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- Biosafety/Biologicas Material Management to support early exploratory drug discovery research in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
- Test Mycoplasma by RT-PCR;
- Test DI water for Sterility, TOC, Endotoxin and Microbial contamination;
- Distribute bulk antibodies;
- Test cell lines and purified proteins for Endotoxin and Microbial contamination;
- Test Animal Drinking water for Microbial contamination;
- Update database for all freezers used to store research cell lines, antigens, antibodies and raw materials;
- Prepare shipments for contracted outside testing of biological materials.
- Perform Sterility testing for lab automation;
- Cell Banking – expand cell lines which are low in QC inventory for all BDC researchers;
- FACS analysis for transfected cell line banking;
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Biological or Chemical Sciences; Experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry (3+ years with BS, 1+ with MS);
- 2+ years of research lab experience required;
- Database management experience and familiarity with data collection methods; Ability to work efficiently in large relational database;
- Must be able to perform daily routine lab testing using pipetts and Liquid Nitrogen tanks. Must be able to lift 30 pounds;
- Ability to use laboratory equipment and software proficiently;
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.