Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Lab Technician
Location: Exton, PA
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- Within a Manufacturing Cleanroom setting the Device QC Technician II assists other Technicians in daily tasks to insure proper inspection techniques and DSM QC procedures are followed.
- Follow all QC procedures when inspecting in-coming materials, in-process components, and finished product. While recording all results in the proper QC required documentation.
- Interface with engineers, productions team members and area management as needed to provide a continuous working environment.
- Review documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain label control.
- Perform any and all necessary in-process testing including but limited to Peel Testing, Label Inspections, Component Testing, Etc.
- Complete and maintain all required documentation in association with testing or inspecting of DSM products.
- Adhere to Biomedical Quality System procedures regarding ISO 9001and/or 13485 standards.
- Provide support to other areas of the QC Department.
- Gives input to OOS investigations (NCR) with oversite from the Sr. QC Technicians, Technical Lead, Engineer and/or Lab Supervisor.
- Respond with flexibility to changes in production or personnel.
- Act in accordance with GMPs and provide feedback to management regarding areas of non-compliance.
- May be required to stand for a portion of the day lifting to 50 lbs, and manual torque inspections not to exceed 40 lbs. of force.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Device Quality Control Supervisor.
- Provide input on new product/process launch initiatives.
- Provide feedback to employees and/or manufacturing management team on GMP compliance.
- Give suggestions on potential improvement opportunities for process documentation and quality assurance.
- Acts as Quality Authority within manufacturing areas.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Assist process engineering and manufacturing of new products by providing inspection data for these R&D projects to gage the capability of process to manufacture parts desired by a customer.
- Support process improvement in accordance with Biomedical Continuous Improvement Program.
- Aid in the development and validation of new Device Inspection methods, and qualification and maintenance of new test equipment.
- High school graduate or equivalent /education degree (GED). Some college preferred.
- Minimum 0 -2-year experience.
- Must pay strong attention to detail and have ability to effectively communicate with various parties both internally and externally.
- Must have good written and oral communications skills, computer literacy, and a good standard knowledge of units of measure.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.