Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Mahwah, NJ
Start date: ASAP
- Responsible for the establishment of Industrial Engineering standards, cell layout, material presentation and flow design for output optimization using Lean principles for new and sustaining product manufacturing cells.
- Participate in multifunctional teams, led by a Project Manager and be responsible for defined project deliverables.
- Create a future state value stream maps for the total value creating process.
- Creation of standard work for the key areas of manufacturing and inspection.
- Track the efforts of several process and project engineers to enable the realization of optimum cell design and the execution of detailed project plans.
- Work closely with the Continuous improvement team to develop the cell layout and process flow for the new product utilizing ‘Design for Manufacturability’, ‘Lean Manufacturing’ and Six Sigma tools.
- Manage new equipment installation activities with the facilities team to deliver the work on schedule and budget.
- Ensure that a comprehensive plan is in place to achieve a flexible, capable and available manufacturing process.
- Give frequent updates to the project manager and/or leadership team on the progress of the project.
- Be compliant with all company Quality, E. H. & S. regulations.
- Have a grounded knowledge of the requirements of Information Systems to support the manufacturing and support functions.
- Operate within the company’s quality system to produce documentation such as process validations, equipment qualifications, dynamic control plans, inspection plans and standard operating procedures
- Execute equipment validations, process qualification, and GR&R studies.
- Communicate and present at department level meetings including detailed technical reports and project updates.
Support Senior and Staff Project Engineers with any equipment and process validations and NPDP related tasks.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Lean / 6 Sigma tools; Black Belt qualification preferred.
- 3+ years of engineering experience in the Medical Device, or similar, quality regulated industries
- Demonstrated experience managing small to medium project timelines.
- Ability to work independently with low supervision.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Must be comfortable presenting at department level meetings
- Must be challenged by a team-based environment which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer satisfaction, cost reduction and quality / GMP compliance
- Requires 2+ years of experience in Lean Manufacturing / Kaizen implementation with an ability to facilitate groups towards the implementation of Lean principles in their production areas.
- Have a competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
applications. Arena Simulation or Simul8 knowledge preferred.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.