Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Trade Analyst- II
Location: Rahway, NJ
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- Individual must complete training program and have strong communication and team work skills.
- Role interacts with senior scientists and other internal clients.
- Accuracy, Quality, and Customer service are key.
- Obtain technical data from shippers, receivers, and project teams regarding the US Customs and Other Government Agency (FDA, USDA, F&W, DEA) import clearance requirements for all commodities (equipment, supplies, capital equipment, finished goods, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient bulk drug substance, clinical research materials, marketing and training materials) to support ongoing and evolving Company business processes.
- Issue routine communication among Research sites, vendors, stakeholders, receivers, brokers/freight forwarders, to ensure timely delivery of research shipments, and miscellaneous commodities.
- Actively facilitates resolution of unforeseen operational impediments to minimize supply chain interruptions.
- Supports import trade compliance transactional and audit activities.
- Performs trade compliance planning for new global trade activity resulting from cross functional project teams, including sourcing changes, basic research, clinical trials, acquisitions, divestitures, and capital projects.
- Using Global Trade Management systems, log activity on a transactional basis for the purposes of trend analyses, performance metric reports, and productivity evaluations.
- Oversee initial execution of shipment details to meet trade compliance obligations for new international shipment flows.
- Supports creation of new shipment lanes with MRL Logistics' strategic providers and internal/external parties.
- Supports the investigation of corrective action/preventative action as applicable.
- BS (or BA plus experience in a scientific discipline or clinical research) required.
- 2+ years’ experience in Pharma / Biotech / Healthcare or other regulated industry.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Power Point and Excel and publication management and Global Trade Management software applications (SAP and other apps); strong copy editing and proofreading skills essential.
- Experience in a medical communications, preclinical or clinical research a plus Required Skills Bachelor Degree (Biology and Chemistry preferred).
- Functional/technical experience with pharmaceutical products, chemicals, or other heavily regulated commodities involving other government agency oversight. Strong leadership, collaboration, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Proficient in English with excellent communication skills and multi-cultural liaison capabilities.
- Demonstrated analytical, process, and problem solving skills.
Demonstrated strong performance in high volume environment, advanced computer skills (MS Office suite), pharmaceutical industrial knowledge, and regulatory awareness (Pharmaceuticals, FDA, USDA focus).
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.