Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: QC Chemist
Location: Myerstown, PA
Schedule: 2nd Shift
Start date: ASAP
- Perform standard qualitative and quantitative analysis on: purchased raw materials and pure drug substances employing accepted gravimetric and spectrophotometer procedures, in accordance with approved testing procedures, including those from BAYER, the National Formulary (NF) and the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP).
- Utilize standard "bench" chemistry technique as well as sophisticated electronic instrumentation, including spectrophotometer, viscometer, etc.
- Maintain records of all analysis information of assigned materials on data sheets for permanent file and proper entry of information in laboratory notebooks.
- Evaluate all data obtained from analysis; if discrepancy or deviation occurs, consult with Supervisor and recommend additional testing if necessary.
- Perform routine analytical testing of raw materials purchased from prospective suppliers to determine that the materials meet compendia and/or company standards.
- Adhere to the pertinent aspects of Corporate and plant safety programs and adhering to GMP’s, ISO standards or other regulations.
- Assist in investigating non-compliance investigations.
- Assist with troubleshooting analytical methodology and instrumentation malfunctions.
- Perform special assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy, or related 4 year science degree required. Chemistry degree is preferred.
- At least 1 year of lab experience required (outside of bachelor’s degree), preferably in pharmaceutical or nutritional industry.
- Knowledge, practical application, and understanding of analytical chemistry is required to perform the functions of this position.
- Demonstrated capability for communicating ideas, concepts, and work results effectively to colleagues and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated as well as to work collaboratively in a team-based environment is required.
- Must demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Good working knowledge of advanced laboratory instrumentation and personal computer skills are required.
- Competencies required: analytical problem solving, alertness, work within established policies and procedures, commitment to task, decisiveness, effective written and interpretive communication skills, and organization and planning skills.
- Experience in wet analytical methods and instrumentation techniques required; HPLC, UV, GC, IR, and AA preferred.
- A working knowledge of statistics, data processing and good manufacturing practices is desirable.
- A thorough understanding of National Formulary (NF); United States Pharmacopoeia (USP); and European Pharmacopoeia (EP) testing procedures, as well as, US Pharmaceutical Industry Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), quality control methods and procedures preferred.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.