40.00 - 50.00 Per Hour
The Senior Engineer -Rotating Equipment is responsible for developing the specifications for design and procurement of rotating equipment / Packages by applying international codes, standards and/or project specific standards as directed to support various field and fabrication offices. The Senior Engineer will be part of a project team from inception through construction completion.
- Responsible for the development of the rotating equipment specifications and the Commissioning of the equipment.
- Provides input to the P&ID’s for the rotating equipment used in the unit.
- Responsible for the rotating equipment budgets on all assigned projects
- Responsible for issuing requests for quotations, purchase specifications, bid evaluations, and purchase requisitions.
- Reviews and approves all vendor documentation for rotating equipment on assigned projects.
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
- Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in a specific practice area.
- Acquires general knowledge of principles, and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Coordinates tasks with engineers, designers and administrative staff.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of engineering work.
- Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Interacts with PM, client, customers, officials, contractors and others.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments
- Performs other related duties, as directed.
- BS in Engineering required; MS degree preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- 6+ years related engineering experience.
- Experience in selection of rotating equipment like Pumps, Compressors, Blowers, Mixers and Refrigeration or Dehydration Units.
- Strong skill set in understanding PFD’s and P&ID’s Knowledge of relevant API / ANSI standards, recommended practices and design experience in API-610, API-682, API-617, API-618, ANSI B73.1
- Experience in preparation of equipment specifications, technical bid evaluation, drawing / design review, inspection and testing, and commissioning as well as working knowledge of international Codes and Standards are required.
- Ability to understand client specifications, procurement, commissioning and start-up standards, documentation, practices, vendor data approvals, etc., strongly preferred.
- Cooperates with other team members; interacts with individuals at all organizational levels in professional manner.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously under time sensitive deadlines.
- Exhibits excellent listening, oral and written skills; ability to prepare and make project related presentations to clients is desirable.
- Occasional travel may be required.