System One is currently seeking a Senior Drainage Engineer to join a national transportation consulting firm in Schaumburg, IL.
The firm is a full-service provider of engineering design services with significant expertise in roadway, freight, transit, environmental and rail. The Senior Drainage Engineer will lead a new drainage/stormwater management/hydraulics team that will work alongside the firm’s highway and rail divisions and will lead all drainage design for the Chicago Offices.
- Responsible for all phases of project development related to storm water management, flood plain studies, hydraulic analysis and design, IDOT Location Drainage Studies and storm water BMP selection.
- Analyze information and data to perform drainage design tasks.
- Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and occasionally represent the organization in meetings to resolve important questions, and to plan and coordinate work.
- Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and efficient conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards.
- Keep Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Perform as a Staff Advisor and Consultant for technical specialty.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with focus on hydrology or hydraulics
- Licensed Professional Engineer in state of Illinois
- Ten (10) years related experience
- Certified Floodplain Manager preferred
- Experience with HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, PondPack, StormCAD and SWMM/HydroCAD.
- IDOT, Illinois Tollway, and Chicago Department of Water Management drainage experience
- Familiarity with Lake County SMC, DuPage County DEC, ACOE, MWRD, and other storm water agencies and ordinances
- Proficiency with ArcGIS
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits package.