System One is recruiting for a Senior Controls Engineer for a leading engineering firm in Champaign, IL. The successful Engineer will have a strong I&C background in the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, manufacturing markets.
Position is contract for 6 months to direct hire.
- Design and develop PLC software using Allen Bradley/Rockwell
- Design and develop HMI’s using Wonderware.
- Provide design documents for MV and LV power feeds to equipment/control panels, motors, VFDs.
- Provide control system/schematics design.
- Perform critical design reviews of other software projects.
- Specify instruments and field devices.
- Develop sequences of operations for programming systems.
- Prepare and develop installation bid/construction documents (scopes of work, bills of material, drawings)
- Assist with investigation/survey field applications and as-built conditions
- Will attend and participate in client/contractor meetings.
- Provide on-site start-up I/O checkout, commissioning, start-up support at client site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Ten (10) years' experience designing electrical/control systems and programming PLCs in the food & beverage, chemical, manufacturing markets.
- AutoCAD skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Leadership skills, complex problem solving /troubleshooting skills, critical thinking, attention to detail.
- Position is contract for 6 months to direct hire.
- No per diem or relocation assistance provided during the contract assignment. Local candidates preferred.