Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
40000.00 - 50000.00 Yearly
Compliance Specialist with a Manufacturing Background in Pine Brook, NJ
- Serve as liaison between Vendors and Company to resolve compliance issues, ensure accurate and timely completion of work, and maintain overall information flow.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of internal procedures and protocols to ensure compliance in material content.
- Monitor and communicate internally and externally changes and updates in the Federal and State Regulations as pertains to jewelry and accessories.
- Work with department teams to identify items and tests needed for new product development. Test pre-production samples and communicate results and actions.
- Notify internal staff and factories if an item fails testing, review factory submitted corrective action plans for approval and submit to appropriate customer portal.
- Direct material testing program to ensure that material requirement deficiencies are identified and resolved before goods are shipped.
- Ensure testing protocols have been followed & lab reports reflect accurate information and load test results in client database
- Validate & authorize testing expense for payment.
- Contribute as member to the team spearheading Compliance Dept.’s enhancements to the Product Development System
- Document process flows, user guides and summaries
- Provide reports to indicate progress on customer compliance initiative
- Utilize all customers back end portals such as Retail Link, Quick Base, Flex PLM.
- Assure all QA standards and protocols are met for all customers and their expectations
- Travel as needed to customer compliance meetings, satellite office locations, etc.
- Perform all other duties or special projects as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field
- 3-5 years of experience in a customer compliance role or similar role
- Knowledge on the jewelry industry is a plus
- Federal, State and customer compliance knowledge
- Adaptable to rapidly changing needs of the business for various customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively to staff, customers, and their staff
- Able to travel when needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Visual demands require clarity of vision at 20 inches or less with the ability to distinguish colors and bring objects into sharp focus.