System One Services is currently seeking a Senior Design Project Manager for a direct hire position located in Dallas, TX.
The Senior Design Project Manager is energetic, proactive, self-motivated, and innovative individual who can demonstrate the successful delivery of small to large scale capital design and construction projects typically in bio-pharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, and / or other advanced technology markets. As a project manager in the flexible, entrepreneurial environment of the company, sales and marketing, project management, client satisfaction, and profitability aspects of projects are placed in your hands. Success can lead to continued growth, including the ability to grow your own team and manage a business unit. In addition to the basic qualifications listed, must possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, and have a strong drive to deliver to customers. Position is required to manage the development and implementation of design deliverables through conceptual, preliminary, detailed, and construction package stages (e.g., reports, P&IDs, distribution plans, specifications, etc.). This position may be required to be based at the client site and responsible for directing and coordinating with internal and external architects and engineers, as well as client, construction manager, subcontractor, and vendor interfaces. Project sizes will vary, and will consist of both existing building renovations / retrofits and new construction. In addition, this role encompasses the ability to handle multiple complex tasks and have business and personnel management skills including the ability to establish and manage priorities and to market services to clients.
Senior Design Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Generating detailed proposals in response to client RFPs including but not limited to Project Execution Plans (PEPs), Manpower Plan, Schedule, Fee Spreadsheet and Earned Value Tracking Tools.
- Proficiently and steadfastly managing project scope and scope changes.
- Proactively identifying project risk and managing /mitigating risk.
- Leading internal and external project team meetings and generating and issuing project monthly reports.
- Managing overall project deliverables in accordance with the PEP, budget, schedule, and the company Quality Plan.
- Managing post construction documentation deliverables and tasks such as submittal reviews, RFIs, and field visits to verify construction is executed per the intent of the design.
- Directing weekly and day-to-day activities of project technical staff and administrative staff.
- Managing client relationships and being responsible for client satisfaction.
- Staying current of the latest technologies used in the AEC industry that could be used to solve our clients’ design challenges
- Validation of new equipment and systems
- Coordinate activities between building departments/inspectors, including training for maintenance and operation personnel
- Marketing services to clients and consistently maintain client contact.
- Traveling as required for client development and project execution.
Senior Design Project Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Master of Architecture Degree preferred
- 10 plus years of successful PM experience required, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
- PE registration or Architectural licensure in practicing states preferred
- Proficiency with Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and PDF software required
- Ability to assess project progress and predict performance for scope completion and budget adherence required
- LEED AP preferred
- Knowledge of cGMP required
- Experience in FDA regulated manufacturing environment required
- Proficiency with traditional project controls tools and methods required
- Understanding of or experience using AutoCAD and Revit required
- Ability to lead a project and design effort from concept design through start-up required
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or advanced technology projects preferred
- Ability to travel a moderate amount as required
- International experience a plus
- Complete and competitive benefit package designed for individuals and families.