22.67 Per Hour
- Conducts HUD Housing Quality standard inspections
- Performs visual assessments for lead based paint of multiple dwellings, homes and other types of housing.
- Completes inspection reports of findings.
- Complete inspections and reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience in conducting inspections or investigations to detect violations of and ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations.
- Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in
New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee
mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
- Knowledge of provisions of the municipal rules, regulations,
policies, procedures, and ordinances.
- Knowledge of problems involved in organizing work and developing
effective work methods both in the field and in the office.
- Knowledge of procedures to be followed and precautions to be
taken when observing and collecting facts which are significant
in determining whether laws are being observed.
- Knowledge of inspection techniques and the writing of reports
that substantiate findings and serve as a basis for legal
- Ability to analyze, comprehend, and interpret municipal rules,
regulations, policies, procedures, and ordinances, and apply
them to specific cases.
- Ability to note significant conditions and to take proper action,
when action is called for, in accordance with prescribed
- Ability to make accurate observations and record conditions,
and abstract, and note those things which are significant.
- Ability to make necessary inspections and investigations
without giving unnecessary offense.
- Ability to take and maintain a firm, correct stand when
controversial matters are considered.
- Ability to prepare clear, sound, accurate, and informative
reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain needed records and files while organized and able to handle multiple inspections.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments based on the application
of statutory or regulatory provisions.
- Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or
manual recording and information systems used by the
agency, office, or related units.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate
in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.