Category: Accounting & Finance
The Account Manager will support Client Services, working closely with A/R Staff Accountants on reconciliations and contract administration. Responsible for the day-to-day management of customer account analysis and relationships in an effort to minimize contractual variances as it relates to financial obligations of agreements/contracts. Act as a customer liaison for resolution of contract issues and disputes while delivering superior customer service to strengthen relationships.
- Compile and analyze revenue streams and contract terms in conjunction with accounts receivable balances in order to prioritize issues and identify trends.
- Analyze multiple data points to categorize issue drivers, complete trend analysis, identify changes in revenue, and mitigate financial risk.
- Utilize experience and judgment to develop action plans to resolve contractual variances within definitive time periods to ensure revenue and account balances are recorded accurately.
- Develop reporting, correspondences, etc. to facilitate resolutions with internal departments and customers.
- Negotiate with customers to accomplish company cash flow and revenue assurance goals in order to achieve specified quarter- and year-end company goals.
- Minimize future variances through mastering contract knowledge, internal and external operating systems and processes.
- Collaborate with team members and management to develop and deliver Customer presentations to both internal and external audiences.
- Collaborate with management to develop and manage project plans to meet immediate goals and deliver long-term solutions.
- Build and sustain customer relationships through customer service and contract knowledge to facilitate specific contract administration solutions.
- Deliver customer service through communication with customers, internal departments, and senior management.
- Research, analyze and facilitate/process billing where appropriate to ensure contract compliance.
- Advanced Excel knowledge, vlookup/pivot tables and analyzing data sets within spreadsheets.
- 3+ years of experience in A/R, accounting reconciliation, accounting, customer service, financial analysis, and/or contract administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to interpret contracts
- Strong communication skills – including presentation, leadership and negotiation skills
- Independent judgment and creativity applied to resolving contract issues
- Ability to influence professionals with different objectives and/or focus
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Up to 20% travel.