Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Dispensary Technician
Location: Syracuse, NY
Schedule: Monday- Friday 4:00 pm-12:00 am
Start date: ASAP
- The Dispensary Operator’s primary functions and responsibilities are the material handling processes associated with material distribution to the operational areas.
- This is a multi-faceted role that includes functions across warehousing, dispensing and manufacturing; and includes end to end material transfer processes between Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
- Work is performed using routine manufacturing batch records and procedures.
- Strict adherence to safety policies and cGMP compliance is required.
- Understand SAP WM (warehouse managed) functionality, be able to calculate required quantities from material pick lists and adhere to SOX inventory controls.
- Issue raw materials, packaging and operational supplies used to support dispensing and manufacturing operations.
- Weigh and measure raw materials to batch record and SAP recipe requirements using aseptic techniques in ISO classified environments.
- Perform routine cleaning and environmental monitoring activities related to ISO 5 and ISO 8 standards.
- Perform manual and automated cleanings for dispensing equipment.
- Maintain required gowning qualifications.
- Pump bulk Sodium Hydroxide and Phosphoric Acid to the buildings day tanks.
- Prepare associated stock solutions used in upstream processes.
- Restock unused material back to warehouse.
- Transfer finished product from Manufacturing to Supply Chain.
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree is preferred or at least 2 years’ experience in a related discipline.
- Candidate should have demonstrated troubleshooting and mechanical skills and be competent in math and possess common Microsoft Office computer skills.
- The candidate must be neat and organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Additional knowledge in SAP and bar code scanning is preferred.
- Shift work, overtime and weekends may be required, as well as the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, operate material handling equipment (training provided) and handle hazardous materials (caustics and acids).
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.
Key words: "raw material" or "raw materials" or "dispense" or "warehouse" or "associates" or "reagents" or or "pharmaceuticals" or "manufacturing" or "manufacturing technician" or "compounder" or "lab assistant"