Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Multi-center Project Manager
Hours: 37.5 Hours M-F, occasional weekends and OT
Location: New Haven, CT
Reporting to the Associate Director for Multicenter Project Management, coordinates and manages center-wide projects from all related program areas as deemed appropriate. This position will support several project areas including community engagement, education, pilot program, and the tracking/evaluation unit. This position will be partially funded by the sponsored awards it supports.
- Reviews and determines staffing needs, job posting requirements, salary guidelines, and labor agreement interpretations for exempt and non-exempt staff in one or more functional department.
- Manages the administrative support needs for exempt and nonexempt staff and provides recommendations, improvements, solutions and assistance as needed
- Manages and monitors technology needs, conducts inventory, and system requirements for the assigned departments.
- Develops and prepares budgets, financial forecasts, and financial analyses and the actual vs. budgeted performance reports for the departments.
- Manages the use of facilities in one or more departments including office space, work stations, equipment, and office supplies.
- Manages administrative support for activities of one or more departments to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Manages and coordinates training sessions for assigned departments when new policies or practices are adopted.
- Ensures compliance with regulations as they apply to the assigned departments.
- Identifies, plans, and develops administrative policies for the assigned departments.
- Assists in reviewing and implements policies as they pertain to the administrative functions of the assigned department.
- Assesses and makes recommendations regarding staff development and staffing levels.
- Monitors, develops, plans, and executes systematic research on user requirements through such mechanisms as surveys, interviews, focus groups and competitive analysis.
- Manages a staff of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous Project Coordinator Experience Ideal
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Masters degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work experience in the medical/public health research, community health, and/or a community organization.
- Strong knowledge of Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting federal, state, University and sponsor policies and regulations. Exp. interpreting complex clinical trial protocols and federal, state, local guidelines.
- Proven ability to manage several projects concurrently, while balancing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to report on the status of project deliverables, draft and submit project updates to Yale team and study sponsor.
- Familiarity with writing grants. Working knowledge of MS Office.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.