TPGS is the Intelligence division within GAP Solutions. Together we have over 600 talented employees and support numerous federal, defense and intelligence community customers to meet their mission objectives. Our core capabilities include Information Technology, Development and Engineering, Training, Security, Intelligence Analysis and general business support.
Instructional Systems Designer (ISD)
Active Top Secret / SCI Clearance with Full Scope Poly Required - No Sponsorship
Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to work in Chantilly, VA supporting a dynamic customer’s training design and development requirements. The ISD will work independently and as part of a team with instructors, subject matter experts, and multimedia and video developers to create and deliver effective and engaging instructor-led, on-line, and blended learning interventions across multiple platforms and delivery methods in support of a robust learning organization. The successful candidate will provide a full range of instructional design services including needs analysis, content design and creation, instructor observations, evaluation of content and courses, instructional consultations, development of synchronous and asynchronous training interventions, consultation to instructional program and strategy designs, etc. This full-time position requires an active TS/SCI with polygraph in order to be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct consultations with instructors and course directors to determine instructional requirements, needs, and solutions and assist with course/content approval process.
- Manage training design and development projects including collaborating with technical designers to develop products in support of the training, reporting on progress, and using a database to track projects.
- Analyzing training requirements and designing and developing effective and engaging learning interventions.
- Document, update, and maintain course lesson plans.
- Developing and updating on-line training content including WBTs, job aides, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Conduct training when required on instructional techniques, facilitate small-groups, and lead discussion sessions in classes in support of course instructors.
- Act as a role-player during training courses.
- Create new content and/or improve the design and delivery of existing instructor-led and on-line content.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data in support of course/content evaluation and develop actionable recommendations based on the data for the continual improvement of the product/program.
- Bachelor's Degree in adult learning, education, or online learning, or equivalent with at least eight (8) years of experience in the following (or ten years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree and certificate in instructional design):
- Demonstrated experience working with subject matter experts to analyze and determine learning requirements, design solutions, develop engaging content, and implement and evaluate a variety of training solutions.
- Experience with the ADDIE model of instructional design, or the equivalent, as well as experience and familiarity with a broad range of adult learning theories and models for evaluation of adult learning.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge developing online training and learning tools and the knowledge to be able to successfully differentiate the needs of online training from instructor-led training.
- At least two years of experience using tools to create on-line learning products, e.g., Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Lectura, etc. or Adobe products, HTML, or other programming languages; as well as an understanding and experience designing and developing ADA-compliant training products.
- Ability to develop strategies for a variety of learning types and their delivery on a variety of platforms.
- Experience developing learning content for online distribution.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully individually, within a team, and across multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide proactive customer service support.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate projects, determine how to effectively move them through to completion, and then to successfully complete those projects.
- Communication skills in visual, oral and written form to explain instructional options, recommendations and rationale to decision-makers and subject matter experts.
- Self-starter with the ability to determine learning needs, propose design solutions, collaborate with stakeholders and provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to collect, analyze and report on courses and their impact on learning to inform design decisions or projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey learning and training requirements through a variety of platforms.
- Master’s Degree in adult learning, education, or online learning, or equivalent.
- Extensive, direct, experience developing on-line learning products in the latest software tools.
- Program evaluation experience including qualitative and quantitative analysis and data tracking.
- Ability to plan, track, and manage a project.
- Experience using and/or managing leaning management systems (LMS) in support of organizational learning and training requirements.
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, and course facilitation and delivery.
- Deliver high-quality classroom instruction that effectively conveys the skills and expertise outlined in the course objectives to students.
- Additional relevant certifications, e.g., instructor, facilitator, MBTI, etc.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAP Solutions/TPGS provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job us at email@example.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
GAP Solutions/TPGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.