Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: SUPPLY QA ANALYST - INGREDIENT TECHNICAL WRITER
Location: Norwalk, CT
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- This position is a foundational role within the Supply Quality Assurance group focused on managing critical ingredient and vendor information and setting standards related to ingredient data management. This position will support multiple aspects of technical documentation in systems such as the Optiva Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, working in close collaboration with internal subject matter experts in Product Development, Packaging, Procurement, Quality, Regulatory Affairs and Nutrition, Safety & Toxicology, plus external vendors.
- Analyze existing internal specifications plus vendor documentation to develop preliminary “purchase” specifications for Product Development review and approval.
- Research, review and interpret internal and external ingredient specification data to set purchase specification standards for various food ingredient categories, and ensure their use within the R&D organization. Build and maintain “master” specifications for all ingredient categories, setting the stage for all new ingredients to be developed to these standards.
- Collaborate with Quality to establish minimum food safety standards for Campbell Snacks’ food ingredient specification categories.
- Work collaboratively with Regulatory Affairs and Nutrition to develop and periodically update external ingredient vendor surveys for all ingredient categories, ensuring that surveys are reflective of current regulatory requirements.
- Analyze data in various formats and translate into specification documents and data standards.
- Manage documentation related to multiple ingredient categories of varying complexity and safety significance (functional and commodities).
- Effectively work with Supply Chain (Procurement and Quality) to maintain vendors in system critical to allergens and recalls.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts on technical parameters and ingredient specifications.
- Coordinate and provide on-going support and direction to external contingent worker(s) on specification data maintenance activities.
- Develop individual capabilities and promote organizational vitality and teamwork.
- Exceptional organizational skills and maintenance for tracking and communication.
- Effective at delivering results with minimum supervision on projects of moderate complexity.
- Communicate effectively and interact with external vendors for information gathering, sharing and maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong knowledge of ingredient and formula formats and terminology.
- Must engage PD technologists and managers in the Fluid Premix, Ingredient Group and Ingredient specification development processes.
- BS degree or Higher with 2-5 years of experience in a food/pharmaceutical setting.
- Ability to leverage system knowledge to organize and streamline different types of technical documentation business processes for enhanced efficiency.
- Proficient at independent planning and prioritization.
- Excellent at information collection and documentation.
- Proficient in relevant software systems/applications such as Optiva PLM.
- Strong computer skills including fluency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel), and database management. Optiva or other PLM system experience preferred.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Working knowledge of product documentation and material specifications.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.