Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
18.86 - 23.48 Per Hour
System One is currently seeking a CNC Machinist on a 6 month contract position located in Houston, TX.
CNC Machinist you will strive to produce world class quality, precision machined components from raw material stage to completed product, for use in a variety of standard and bespoke end uses. You will take a customer service approach, both internal and external, with a view that the technical services you provide are there to support the efficient management of your workspace and component production. You will be responsible for your own productivity output, utilizing various manufacturing processes and disciplines within the CNC center. As CNC Machinist you will be keen to take on challenges, develop your technical skills potential as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting initiatives.
CNC Machinist Responsibilities
CNC Machinist Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- MUST HAVE primarily MAZAK lathe experience with live tooling.
- Also needing Integrex experience
- Reliable transportation.
- An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information (Functional / Technical skills)
- Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand (Decision Quality & Problem Solving)
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Priority Setting)
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
- Able to follow, work within and improve business processes whilst exercising good judgment based on immediate and future business needs.
- Will be energized by challenges and drawn towards opportunities (Action Oriented)
- Personal and Interpersonal
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external) (Customer Focus)
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
- Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit (Ethics & Values)
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems (Peer Relationships)
- Time served apprenticeship in CNC Machining.
- Higher education, HNC/HND, in CNC Machining including range of operating programs.
- Good working knowledge of the Oil and Gas components.
- Working knowledge of CNC lathes, CNC machining centers & CNC horizontal borers.
- Knowledge of machine programming language e.g. Mazatrol/Fanuc.
- Previous supervisory experience/responsibility in a relevant field.
- Experience in G-Code, ISO machining languages.
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Understanding of Engineering drawings.
- ERP knowledge such as Oracle, Emax.
- Have an understanding of common place industry materials and their application.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Quality Assurance procedures and department/area work instructions.
- Contribute to general improvements in the quality and key activities of the department/area.
- Participate in training where required.
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
- To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.
- Must be able to work night-shift hours 6am to 6pm.
Duration: 6 months
Location: Houston, TX
Pay Rate: $18.86 – $23.48