System One has an immediate need for a Senior Buyer/Subcontract Administrator in Bellevue, WA. This is a year long contract opportunity with possibility for extension.
The Senior Buyer/Subcontract Administrator reports directly to the Procurement Manager to perform duties including sourcing, subcontracts administration, buyer and purchasing agent activities. This position will be responsible for supporting development of Suppliers and acquisition of products and services. This role contributes to enhancing the success of projects by limiting the overall risks and liability associated with supplier negotiations and subcontract administration, subcontract sourcing, pricing, evaluating, negotiating and obtaining materials, equipment and/or construction services. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence and flexibility with confidence, and an ability to interface with suppliers, consultants, management and co-workers in a professional, and proactive manner. The Senior Buyer/Subcontract Administrator collaborates with the larger Supply Management team to coordinate the review of client contracts and provides negotiation support when required.
- Manage subcontract activities with a focus on performance, change control, quality, cost and schedule management.
- Support increasingly complex/international contract/subcontract management duties, including government contracting.
- Work with internal approvers and reviewers for confirming specifications, budget and Terms and Conditions of purchases.
- Source for potential Suppliers for competitive bidding.
- Prepare and manage bidding activities such as Requests for Proposals (RFP), Request for Quotes (RFQ) and Express of Interests (EOI),
- Negotiate pricing and delivery/shipping terms with potential Suppliers.
- Issue Purchase Orders or other forms of agreements to Suppliers.
- Monitoring and expediting orders to ensure on-time delivery.
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolve shipments in error with Suppliers.
- Approve payment for purchases by reviewing and approving invoices, and forwarding receiving documentation to support payment.
- Maintain complete and accurate purchasing files and records.
- Other procurement and/or contracting duties may be assigned.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with clients and supplier relations, with some international experience preferred.
- Three to fifteen years of experience related to supporting Procurement, Contract Management.
- Experience with purchasing fabricated equipment, IT software, and commercial items.
- Understanding of quality assurance requirements.
- Nuclear or related experience is preferred.
- Technical and/or subject area background, is preferred, and can be experience based.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- U. S. Government (DOE or DOD) contracting/subcontracting experience preferred.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.