Lead Electrical Commissioning Specialist
System One is currently seeking a strong Lead Electrical Commissioning Specialist to complete the start-up and commissioning of a gas-fired peaking power plant in Louisiana.
This position will require the ability to perform/supervise/document installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and operation of industrial process electrical devices, equipment, and power distribution systems during all commissioning and operational phases of the project.
- Primary task will be to direct and report daily work for electrical commissioning staff. Coordinate/direct vendors and subcontractors for equipment being checked out and commissioned
- Responsible for the proper evaluation of electrical and control system drawings. Being able to utilize the electrical and control drawings to complete all required tasks and provide corrections as necessary to ensure all drawings are updated for completeness, detail and accuracy. Checks manufactures’ prints and coordinates with project engineers drawings.
- Ability to work/create a project schedule and complete assigned daily work to achieve commissioning goals.
- Ensure all company policies are being followed by electrical staff and team members.
- Ability to train and assist staff and team members in testing, commissioning, troubleshooting, operation and maintenance of the projects electrical equipment and power distribution systems.
- Practical knowledge of routine and precedent design and working knowledge of electrical principles for application in solving problems. Extensive practical knowledge of electrical and controls methods and practices.
- Ensures all work is performed utilizing safe, reliable and appropriate technical skills to provide required results. May supervise several technicians and other personnel on assigned work.
- Responsible for providing detailed information and scheduling within areas of expertise to support the project.
- May be required to attend and/or lead daily/weekly meetings with project team.
- Checkout of electrical systems
- Responsible for low voltage and high voltage distribution.
- Associates degree in an electrical technology related curriculum or equivalent job related experience (two years of experience equals one year of college)
- Ten (10) years experience in electrical commissioning of power plants.
- Start date: December 2019
- Duration: 9 months plus
- Location: Bogalusa, LA
- Salary is negotiable
- Mobilization and demobilization paid
- Per diem paid
System One maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.