Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Associate Scientist – III
Location: San Francisco, CA
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- This Senior Scientist role will focus on designing molecular constructs, expressing and purifying proteins and antibodies, and performing in-vitro and ex-vivo cell-based assays for functional antibody screening.
- This role will focus on designing molecular constructs, expressing and purifying proteins and antibodies, and performing in-vitro and ex-vivo cell-based assays for functional antibody screening
- The role includes developing new methods and executing projects using good scientific judgment
- Also includes documenting experimental results and presenting to the team
- Need to work well both independently and as part of a team, and have excellent organizational skills
- The position is a hands-on, laboratory-based role
- BS degree in molecular and cellular biology, immunology or related discipline with at least 3 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry or academic setting, OR a Masters’ degree in molecular and cellular biology, immunology, or related discipline.
- Solid theoretical understanding of and hands-on experience with the below
- Advanced molecular biology skills, including expression plasmid design, protein and cell line engineering, proficiency in DNA analysis software
- Small-scale expression and purification of antibodies and secreted proteins
- Protein analysis techniques including Western blots, ELISA
- Multi-color flow cytometry, proficiency in FlowJo
- Experience with cell culture, preferably with primary cells
- Proficiency in a wide range of immunological laboratory techniques and cell-based assay design (e.g., multiplex cytokine profiling, proliferation)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and data analysis software (Graph Pad)
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.