Job ID: 153303
Date Posted: 06/26/2020
System One, has an exciting opportunity with a leading Engineering and Architectural firm in Maitland, FL who are seeking someone with skill, expertise and specialization that include all aspects of structural design within the residential and commercial sectors. They are currently looking to hire a Structural Engineer - P.E. on a full-time/permanent basis starting ASAP!
Our client will also consider an E.I. with commercial experience. Must be able to adjust to a high-volume work space and having the right experience. Focusing on mostly single-family homes, custom on the residential side and low rise commercial, as well as structural, office buildings, medical office buildings, and multi-family apartments.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for assisting Production Manager to keep administrative issues ahead of project progress. Aggressively pursue and resolve project concerns as they arise. Coordinate with Owners and Engineers to successfully complete projects on-time and under budget.
Candidate will perform the following responsibilities and tasks:
· Provide updated information to superintendents, subcontractors, and vendors as necessary.
· Create, update, and maintain construction schedules and short interval schedules from superintendents.
· Maintain close contact and a good working relationship with project owners and engineers to ensure a positive company image and keep project progress moving forward. With the Ability to meet with and solicit to with new or existing clients on new projects
· Good verbal, written communications and presentation skills.
· Perform work independently with limited supervision or direction.
· Responsibilities include providing complete leader of commercial division while working with production manager on design work flow and client expectations.
· Ability to mentor both EI and Drafting departments to work within budget while producing a quality final product
· Experience managing staff, directing tasks, and performing QA/QC Work
· Proficiently in/with AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, TEDDS, Tekkla, Visual Analysis, Wood Works, Risa and EnerCalc software.
General Knowledge of:
· Florida and International Building Codes and design standards
· Light Masonry construction
· Concrete Construction
· Foundations including shallow/spread and deep foundations
· Metal plate connected wood trusses
· Engineered Wood Products
· Tilt-up design
· Post-tensioning design a plus
· Bar joist design
· Steel columns and beam construction
· Professional Engineer (PE) Minimum Qualifications
· PE with Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with 5-7-year related PE experience performing whole house/hurricane resistant structural engineering with/for wood and masonry structures and commercial design.
· Current/Active Florida Professional Engineer Licensure with no history of disciplinary action, nor any actions pending
· Ability to obtain PE license(s) in nearby state(s) without addition requirements
· Knowledge of commonly used computer software (i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook) expected
The position requires some flexibility in hours with a potential to work 40+ hours during some weeks. Salary commensurate with experience.
For immediate consideration, please send resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org