Category: Scientific & Clinical
Job Title: Scientist I
Location: Horsham, PA
Start Date: Immediate
- Participate in fermentation activities including shake flask and small scale (2-15L) fermentations including batch and fed-batch approaches.
- Support of protein purification/isolation and characterization work as needed, under direct supervision
- Participate in fermentation improvement studies for implementation into the commercial manufacturing process, focusing on increased product yield or quality improvements, increased efficiency or simplification of operations, risk mitigation, and/or reduced cycle time.
- Maintain equipment and supplies as needed for experimentation and general laboratory upkeep.
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of work in lab batch records and/or notebooks.
- Remain current on training requirements as outlined in the training matrix and other company policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological, chemical, or related discipline with 1-3 years’ experience working in fermentation and purification process development and/or process validation laboratories.
- Experience in a development, process validation, or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience working with and supporting commercial and / or clinical manufacturing groups is preferred.
- Experience in fermentation or cell culture.
- Experience using Sartorius MFCS fermentation control software desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency with interpretation of data, statistical analysis of data, and presenting data in a format that satisfies the objective of the team and drives decisions and/or supports projects.
- Strong technical writing required.
- Proficiency in a body of information required for the job
o e.g. knowledge of FDA regulations, GMP/GLP/GCP, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma, etc.
- Knowledge of microbial fermentation processes for expression of proteins.
- Strong knowledge of executing laboratory experiments and studies which support commercial manufacturing.
- Familiar with process technology, development, and validation practices for biopharmaceutical products.
- Knowledge of working with biosafety level-2 organisms and general safe laboratory practices for fermentation processes.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.