Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
20.00 - 23.00 Per Hour
Job Information: Contract-to-Hire, located in Masury, OH. Mon-Fri, 6am-2:30pm, this is a working supervisor position in the metal fabrication/production industry (anchor bolts).
- Act as a working supervisor, fill in where needed, and perform all functions necessary to maintain scheduled assembly production requirements.
- Review production demands (orders) as needed and assist in scheduling all work stations to satisfy the production demand on a timely basis.
- Delegate welding and production assignments to work centers on a daily basis and among shifts.
- Ensure all work stations are prepared for scheduled production and that all materials and production documentation are present and correct to enable timely and continuous production.
- Coordinate with the Plant Manager and Threading Supervisor to ensure adequate supply of raw materials for production needs.
- Evaluate non-steel material requirements (i.e., welding supplies, hardware, miscellaneous material) and ensure an adequate supply is available in a timely manner
- Inspect progress of workers’ welding assignments daily. Record, evaluate and report progress and production rates and tendencies as required.
- Ensure production workers perform inspections in accordance with the quality control standards and order requirements. Serve as final QC inspector.
- Ensure complete documentation of parts inspected on appropriate paperwork as required.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of all materials consumed and proper accounting of all finished product produced and spot check welds.
- Report equipment malfunctions to appropriate individuals, and complete minor repairs as needed.
- Read and interpret blueprints and job specifications.
- Ensure all work centers are prepared and ready for the following shift.
- Function as backup for any and all positions within the production area during scheduled work breaks, call-offs, or as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- At least two years in the steel or metal fabrication/production industry - this is not an entry level position.
- Planning, forecasting and leadership experience is required.
- Detail oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Strong Mechanical and Math Aptitude
- Must have strong welding capabilities
- For immediate consideration, call Chad Zehner at 732-228-8980