Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Research Nurse
Location: Bethesda, MD
Duration: Contract, long term
Start date: Immediate Need
Salary: Competitive salary offered with full benefit package
- BS/MS in a Life Science related field of study.
- Requires current licensure to practice as a physician’s assistant in the state of Maryland.
- Requires malpratice insurance
- Independently assess acute and non-acute clinical and research related problems and toxicities.
- Perform clinical and research-related procedures, including (but not limited to) patient scheduling; history/physical (including pelvic examination); administering questionnaires; mucosal sampling; collection, processing and storage of saliva and/or vaginal fluid.
- Lead patient care rounds and conferences.
- Contribute to the design, methodology, implementation, and regulatory review of specific protocols as assigned.
- Monitor and document clinical and research-related developments and response to therapy and communicate findings to principle investigators with recommendations for appropriate intervention.
- Provide a wide range of nursing assistant duties as well as being responsible for basic clerical and office automation duties
- Measure and record basic physiological data such as temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
- Prepare and assist patients for examination and a variety of medical treatments by chaperoning, positioning, obtaining and recording vital signs, setting up trays, and obtaining supplies and equipment.
- Assist nurse practitioners and physicians with specialized procedures and diagnostic examinations.
- Review patient care policies and procedures utilizing NIH guidelines as it relates to patient admissions.
- Upon patient's admission, take vital sign, orient patients with the clinic, and assist them with discharge procedures.
- Collect, measure, weigh, and ensure safe handling and delivery of various specimens in accordance with prescribed protocols.
- Receive patient care phone calls, furnish the requested information, or refer callers to the appropriate staff members.
- Train new staff on GLP and GCP.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.