Category: Industrial & Manufacturing
System One; has an immediate direct hire opportunity with our client who are seeking a Manager, Project Management within their manufacturing facility in Portland, OR that provide pumping solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Water and other industries.
Directs and controls all the activities related to: Order Entry, Project Management, and Customer Interface Documentation for New Equipment orders. Responsible for Project Management and resource coordination to ensure on-time manufacturing and shipment of new equipment (including hardware and software), compliance with the Company and customer specifications, and cost containment within standard and budgeted costs, all within the framework of the Company’s Quality Management system.
- Supervises and provides counsel for staff of four to ten Project Managers, and four to ten Project Administrators.
- Performs supervisory function in department, including hiring, disciplining, review and approval of: order changes, reforecast, performance reviews, expense reports, Auto Time, budget, etc.
- Provides counsel to Project Managers on key negotiations with customers.
- Provides financial forecasts regarding revenue recognition schedule and profitability.
- Receives and reviews all new orders. Assigns PM (or Umbrella PM) as required.
- Acts as leaders of Process Improvement Team and initiates process improvements for all facets of new equipment project execution.
- Participates in special studies and analyses to support PM Council to standardize procedures including Order Entry and Customer Interface Documentation.
- Ensures timely and accurate publication of key measurements and reports.
- Acts as Project Manager for projects assigned to them.
- Participates in Tender Order Assessment reviews.
- Supports sales & tendering during bidding process.
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide EHS Management.
- System, which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures. Supports and cooperates in company-wide Quality Management effort.
- Adheres to company and department policies, procedures, and standards.
- Actively supports, as required, to improve collections.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special projects
Qualifications & Experience:
- Four-year degree in Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent education and/or experience required.
- Business experience involving manufacturing operations, contract management, production planning, and international business.
- Background in commercial activities such as sales, alliances and negotiations.
- Solid interpersonal, written, verbal and negotiation skills
- Must display leadership qualities and successfully implement strategies to support the companies vision)
- Ten (10) years’ experience with centrifugal pump or related industry preferred
- Trained in Lean Tools and Process Improvement
- Bilingual (fluent in Spanish) strongly preferred.