Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: IHC- Immunohistochemistry Scientist
Location: Cambridge, MA
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- Develop robust, tissue-based assays to facilitate the biomarker to companion diagnostic transition
- Generate strong datasets from analysis of tumor samples (clinical, archival) to support go/no go decisions in research/discovery target validation efforts
- Lead and execute diagnostic assay validation for exploratory testing of clinical and commercial samples
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Immunohistochemistry and other tissue-based assays for research and clinical teams helping to design and evaluate data from exploratory biomarker hypothesis testing and Proof of Concept studies
- In depth knowledge and hands-on experience in immunohistochemistry procedures including: tissue dissection, routine histology, immunohistochemistry (IHC), in-situ hybridization (ISH, FISH), and image capture of fresh, frozen and paraffin-embedded tissues and cell lines
- Establishment of experimental design, optimization, and trouble-shooting
- Author and review controlled documents, including SOPs, validation procedures, and validation reports
- Lead efforts to develop/obtain the best reagents and assay designs
- BS required, advanced degree preferred in molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, clinical pathology or related fields.
- Experience in immunology and/or oncology preferred
- In depth knowledge and hands-on experience in immunohistochemistry procedures is required, IHC experience sought: tissue dissection, routine histology, immunohistochemistry (IHC), in-situ hybridization (ISH, FISH), and image capture of fresh, frozen and paraffin-embedded tissues and cell lines
- Experience with the design, development and analysis of cellular, protein-based, and/or molecular biomarkers
- Sound scientific understanding of key areas such as
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.