90000.00 - 95000.00 Per Hour
- Candidate will be working as part of a team of engineers and designers at the DTE Fermi Nuclear Plant working on plant modification packages.
- Candidate must complete complex design assignments including preparation of work packages including the development of new mechanical/piping drawings and modifications to existing plant drawings.
- The successful candidate may supervise a small group of personnel assigned to the piping discipline design group and distributes work assignments to most effectively utilize staff and meet project-established schedules and budgets.
- The candidate will exercises sound judgment in assessing problem situations or complex issues, review completed work to ensure accuracy and compliance with codes and design data, coordinate the efforts of the group with other discipline groups on the same project.
Education: Associate’s degree in mechanical or piping engineering or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 3 years in a supervisory capacity developing modification packages for nuclear power plants.
- 10 years of experience to include the design and modification of various piping and mechanical systems associated with a nuclear power plant.
- Must be capable of generating piping and equipment modification drawings and documents including underground and above ground piping composite drawings, equipment general arrangement drawings, piping isometric drawings and piping and instrument diagrams (P&ID).
- Must be well versed in MicroStation 2D and/or 3D design software.
- Must be able to develop material and work-hour estimates as well as develop design schedules.
- Must be able to obtain unescorted access into a nuclear power plant and be familiar with nuclear standards and guidelines.
- Must have good communication skills and experience working in multi-discipline project team environment.
- Must be local to Newport MI area
- Must be US Citizen
- Must pass all pre-employment checks
Contract Duration: Open