Gas Turbine Electrical Engineer – Lake Mary, FL
System One is has an immediate need for a Gas Turbine Electrical Engineer to join our power generation client located in Lake Mary, FL. This position is responsible for developing electrical system design to support operation of gas turbine and generator packages through selection and integration f low, medium, high voltage, control and protective relay components for power projects in the Americas.
Gas Turbine Electrical Engineer Employment Information and Requirements
- This is a contract-to-hire opportunity
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering with a Masters desirable
- At least 5 years of OEM or Generator Applications experience in power plants required
- Japan related or other International Business experience desireable
- Experience with Generators larger than 100MW rated capacity required
- Prefer experience with large H2 cooled generators
Gas Turbine Electrical Engineer Responsibilities
- Design solutions to match code requirements and customer specifications
- Interpret and incorporate code requirements from NEC/ NFPA/ IEC/ ANSI
- Develop and Incorporate hazardous area classification requirements
- Develop single line and three line diagrams
- Develop wire and cable specifications including sizing
- Develop electrical wiring diagrams
- Specify and select electrical generators (150 MW and above)
- Knowledge of Generator Protection Systems and Auxiliary Systems such as H2 Cooling System, Seal Oil System
- To support Application engineering team by reviewing Electrical requirements of bid technical documents and to compare with standard to summarize deviations & clarifications list and to prepare proposal documents related to Electrical Equipment
- Select and specify CTs, VTs, Protective Relays, Motor Controls, Power Supplies, DC backup systems
- Prepare specifications and select vendors to construct electrical packages
- Incorporate design information into the SmartPlant Electrical module.
- Generate and review drawing packets used and created by the Electrical engineers, designers, and drafters to document logic, point to point wiring, and system interaction.
- Specify proper testing procedures per industry standards and customer requirements
- Provide technical support during manufacturing and commissioning of equipment
- Assist Sales and Marketing and Development Engineering with projects to enhance existing and develop new product lines.
- Develop schedules, coordinate and manage projects of all sizes with minimal supervision.
- Visit other entities such as Government offices or Authorities to get information about regulations and laws which may affect technical aspects of the Project, as necessary