Category: Warehouse & Distribution
52000.00 - 58000.00 Per Hour
Inventory Control Clerk
Location: East Windsor
Direct hire opportunity on first shift
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate book to physical discrepancies and determine underlying problems and reconcile balances. Disseminate proposed resolution and assist with record accuracy and updates. Provide assistance to user departments on transactional issues. Outline operational changes to improve accuracy. Ensure that all user departments understand the change and its purpose. Ensure that operating areas accurately report material transactions of work in process inventory. Routinely count and reconcile physical inventories conducted for work-in-process material to measure performance in each operating area.
- Conduct analysis of documentation input delays. Participate as needed to physical inventories. Instruct user departments on the proper method to capture all material charged to the are on the count. Conduct inventory accuracy classes scheduled for user departments.
- Maintain inventory accuracy awareness campaign stressing the importance of accurate inventory records. Calculate inventory accuracy statistics for raw material/packaging supply/finished goods cycle counts, and work-in-process physical inventories.
- Complete associated investigations. CAPA(s) when required and enhance process through the centralized change management system. Support site wide training to ensure production personnel are properly trained for inventory transactions. Participate in cross-functional teams to resolve documented events and non-conformance to resolve discrepancies.
- Support and participate in company initiatives related to safety, operational excellence, and continue process improvement.
- Review training requirement as define by department training curriculum and ensure 100% compliance prior to performing assigned task.
- Perform other duties as required as directed by Management when required.
- Associate’s Degree or Equivalent. CPA or certification in Accounting, Audit and Control is desirable
Oracle and/or comparable ERP system experience
- 2 – 3 years in Auditing, Stock verification or Warehouse related operations with special emphasis on material handling. Basic knowledge of cycle counting procedures and automated inventory control systems.
- A basic understanding of all material handling operations in Manufacturing, Packaging, Central Weigh and the Warehouses, with a working knowledge of the inventory system’s transaction codes and edits.
- Strong interpersonal and communication, skills both oral and written
- Strong team-building and problem solving skills with an ability to work effectively cross functionality
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and the sites ERP System
- Obtain DEA Clearance for Handling Control Substance