System One Services is currently seeking a Project Scheduler for a direct hire position located in Kansas City, MO.
The Project Scheduler prepares summary-level and detailed schedules for proposed or current construction projects. Schedules will be prepared using bar chart or CPM format, as required by the project team or Client, using Primavera P6 Software. Provide progress/schedule updates as required for each project and schedule training and software support as needed. All scheduling staff are responsible for ensuring all project scheduling activities comply with corporate standards and contractual requirements.
Project Scheduler Responsibilities:
- Prepare summary-level schedules for proposed projects to determine overall project duration, general conditions, and equipment needs.
- Establish sequencing, durations, and general logic for the construction of a project.
- Assisting in schedule needs relative to contract schedule vs. accelerated schedule as required by the project team.
- Provide schedules that will need to be issued with contracts or bid documents to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepares detailed schedules for project, completed as early in the project as possible, to create a baseline to measure progress against future schedule updates.
- Validates and ensures that schedule logic, float values, and critical path are sound and realistic and ensures lead project personnel understand critical path activities and near-critical activities.
- Ensure adherence to schedule format such that coding or filtering activities will produce separate schedules, including summary, detailed, structure, façade, or any other scope of work pertaining to the project.
- Ensure consistency in code titles and activity trade assignments in all schedules.
- Cost/resource loading of schedules (and reporting) when required.
- Perform progress/schedule updates by conducting site walk-throughs to update actual information.
- Interface with Superintendents and project teams with regard to schedule actuals and projections.
- Proactively monitors progress; identifies and analyzes trends, and advises PM/CM accordingly; helps plan recovery schedules when necessary.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the project schedules.
- Maintain historical schedule data information to provide reporting on, when required.
- Provide scheduling training to personnel as required, including schedule fundamentals and philosophy, as well as P6 software training.
- Provide technical support to those project teams maintaining their own project schedules or two-week look-ahead schedules.
- Travel to job sites estimated to be at 25%.
Project Scheduler Requirements:
- Degree in Construction or Engineering.
- 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Well-versed in Primavera P6 Software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Scheduling.
- 16 hours of continuing education annually.
- Maintenance of OSHA 30 hour training.
- Complete and competitive benefit package designed for individuals and families.