System One Services is currently seeking a Project Architect for a direct hire position located in Kansas City, MO.
The Project Architect is an energetic, self-motivated, and dynamic team-oriented individual that has a desire to help the company continue to develop its architecture presence in advanced technology markets. In addition, the successful candidate will have the ability to execute and lead (or be interested in developing the ability to lead) all phases of design including initial programming, planning, feasibility, scope and concept development, detailed design, construction documentation, and construction administration. Furthermore, the successful candidate shall display a solid working knowledge of the International Building Code and construction document preparation (e.g. graphics, detailing and specifications) as well as organization and distribution during all stages of development (e.g. review, bid, permit, etc.). Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
Project Architect Responsibilities:
- Assisting with ongoing business development activities.
- Assisting with project proposal preparation for the architectural discipline.
- Assisting with the development of project resource plans and pricing for proposals within the architectural discipline.
- Presenting company qualifications to new and existing clients.
- Meeting with clients to assess needs and developing an associated project program.
- Developing conceptual designs and coordinating with engineers on the design team.
- Developing the BIM model for the resulting design and coordinating with the BIM Coordinator and all other internal and external project team members.
- Developing construction drawings and specifications that incorporate client, regulatory, and industry standards.
- Taking responsibility for discipline related internal and external project communication and coordination.
- Mentoring junior architectural staff and assist in professional development.
- Traveling as required for client development and project execution.
- Performing field work for project execution (e.g. taking field dimensions, field visits during construction, etc.).
Project Architect Requirements:
- 3-10 years of experience required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent verbal/written skills required.
- Flexibility to travel (moderate) required.
- Architectural licensure in practicing states preferred.
- Master of Architecture or Professional Degree from an accredited college required.
- NCARB Certification preferred.
- Experience with advanced technology industry projects preferred such as R&D labs, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, food & nutrition and/or consumer products.
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred.
- LEED GA or AP preferred.
- International experience a plus.
- Complete and competitive benefit package designed for individuals and families.