Category: Scientific & Clinical
Title: Associate Research Scientist
Location: Hopewell, NJ
Schedule: 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri.
Start date: ASAP
- The research scientist will participate on a cross functional team involved in molecular analytics supporting cell lines used for the clinical and commercial manufacture of therapeutic antibodies and fusion proteins.
- Primary duties will be to provide molecular analytical support for biologics in development and manufacturing.
- In this position the candidate will be responsible for generating and analyzing the data characterizing the integrity, integration number, copy number, transcript quality and variants arising from the expression cassette used to generate cell lines of interest.
- The candidate is expected to work collaboratively across multiple functional groups.
- The candidate will have a strong molecular biology background as they are expected to continuously identify ways to improve processes/outcomes and trouble shoot problems as they arise.
- This is a fast paced environment requiring good time management and lab notebook documenting skills.
- Masters of Science with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- The candidate must have strong molecular biology skills particularly in DNA and RNA isolation, Southern and Northern blot, qPCR, cDNA generation, and primer design.
- Proficient in a variety of protein bioanalytical techniques, including N-glycan characterization, iCIEF, size exclusion on HPLC and UPLC, capillary electrophoresis, and ELISA is a plus.
- Helps in experimental design, collects and interprets data.
- Help in validation of assays to adhere to ICH and regulatory guidelines.
- Able to maintain multiple projects in parallel with minimal supervision.
- The scientist must keep excellent documentation.
- Writes technical documents on experiments performed.
- Must be able to follow and adhere to established methods and laboratory safety regulations.
- Successful candidate will be an independent individual contributor; demonstrate good communication skills and proven ability to work with others.
- Hands-on lab work in a flexible, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is essential.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.